BitSkins withdrawals are back once again! We’re using Litecoin to send funds directly to your BitSkins wallet – this makes withdrawing to BitSkins as easy as before!
Right after BitSkins decided to remove the ability to send funds to other users, we were looking for possible workarounds. We came up with the idea to use crypto deposits to fund user accounts. We’ve had a test phase with Litecoin for a few days now and it seems to work reliably – users can withdraw to BitSkins as easily as before!
How does it work?
The process is very similar to how it worked before! What’s changed is just that you now give us the Litecoin Deposit Address instead of the Steam ID that is associated with your BitSkins account.
Here’s the process:
- Head over to the BitSkins withdrawal page
- Type in the Litecoin Deposit Address of your BitSkins account
- Select the amount you’d like to withdraw and click the “Withdraw” button
- Done! Your Bitskins balance arrives in a few minutes
There are some minor limitations that come with the new withdrawal method through Litecoin:
- BitSkins has a minimum deposit amount for Litecoin, which is 0.002 LTC. This forces us to increase the minimum withdrawal amount for BitSkins, which we now set to 5,000 points ($0.50).
- Litecoin transactions take 2.5 minutes on average, so withdrawals are not instant anymore. It takes a few minutes until you receive your BitSkins balance.
- The Litecoin value is pretty volatile and there are times where you could receive around 1% more or less of the value you are withdrawing.
We cover the transaction fees for you and we’re using the real-time value of Litecoin. This makes those limitations rather negligible.
Another small surprise
We’ve talked to SkinBaron and they enabled us to add gift cards for their marketplace to our gift cards section. SkinBaron is an emerging marketplace for virtual items. You can buy skins & keys for CS:GO, DotA2, TF2, Rust and H1Z1. So that’s another alternative to BitSkins, CSGOShop, and Steam gift cards!
As always – stay tuned!